Dante Ciccone, Joe Patrevito & Justin Ross
WHO: Three great friends from college (University of Illinois) coming together to help do a little good for a great cause! Dante and Justin have been on the Poker Run committee since it’s grass roots re-incarnation in 2011 and have helped to substantially get this event back on its feet with attendees and dollars raised. Joe has joined the committee this year as he has been a loyal attendee and donor the past few years….however, Joe decided to get more involved since his little brother, Vince, is a Leukemia survivor. Joe's family went through the struggle of radiation, chemotherapy, and bone marrow transplant that eventually saved Vince's life. Joe has seen the benefits that LLS can have on patients and their families.
WHAT: Our mission is to raise as much money as possible for a great cause. This will:
1) make us look cool.
2) more importantly, help make a difference in the life of someone like Joe’s brother, their family, and/or anyone going through the battle with Leukemia.
We feel that we have a great network, so this mission should be a success. However, we are asking for your generosity and kindness in an effort to make it happen.
HOW: There are a few ways you can help us and we are shamelessly asking for your generosity, support, and spirit of giving.
- DONATE TO OUR PAGE . . . make three great friends really happy; http://il.lcrpr.llsevent.org/ng/index.cfm/a72be30/regPages/pledge/DANTEJOEJUSTIN/
- ATTEND THE AFTER PARTY . . . best food and drink in town for the mere cost of $75 or $85 if you wait too long; Click on NO BOAT – JUST PARTY @ http://il.lcrpr.llsevent.org
- EXTRA DONATION . . . if you’re buying tickets to the After Party and you know it’s worth $85 but you planning ahead and buying your tickets before August 7, why not kick in the $10 you’re saving?
- ATTEND THE AFTER PARTY . . . and come planning to bid often on some great silent auction prizes.
- Every $$ matters to someone who is battling Leukemia!
WHY: FACT- Thanks to funds raised through events like The Leukemia Cup Poker Run, we are making progress. The survival rate for many blood cancer patients has doubled, tripled, and in some cases quadrupled since the late 1940's. In the 1960’s, a child’s chance of surviving leukemia was 3%; today, 90% can expect to survive into adulthood. Hodgkin's lymphoma patient survival rates have more than doubled to 88% in the past several decades. WILL YOUR NEXT $ BE THE DOLLAR THAT FUNDS A GRANT THAT DISCOVERS A CURE?
To learn more about The Leukemia Cup Poker Run or to participate, please visit http://il.lcrpr.llsevent.org
|Number of pledges received:||62|
|Number of page visits:||1696|
|Days since event:||119|